Back pain is an international epidemic!
The spine is complex and the source of pain is often difficult to properly diagnose. People are often initially seen by primary care providers and undergo the conventional methods of treatment that can range from doing nothing to medications and rehabilitation to referral to spine surgeons.
The potential side effects, ineffectiveness and addictiveness of the medications commonly prescribed, that approach the problem systemically rather than locally set the patients up for one failure after another.
The little information about the effectiveness of the routine treatments leads to confusion and frustration. Investigations such as CT scans and MRI’s although informative, add on to long wait times and often tell little about the problem. Eventual referral to spine surgeons reveals that surgery is indicated in very few of the cases.
- The most common type of low back pain is called ‘non-specific low back pain’, and accounts for approximately 90% of cases in primary care settings.
- Less than 2% of people with low back pain have potentially serious spine conditions that will require surgery or medical intervention.6,7.
- Between 49% and 90% of people in developed countries will experience at least one episode of low back pain during their lifetime.1-5
- Low back pain is most common among the working population, particularly men, with peak incidence occurring in people aged between 25 and 64 years.5,8
- Back pain usually resolves within 2 weeks, but symptoms may linger for up to 2 months. 5,9,10
- 24% to 80% of patients will experience further episodes within a year, and over three quarters will have a reoccurrence at some point in their lives.5,8,9
- A small minority of patients (2% to 7%) will develop chronic low back pain.5,9
Prolotherapy Treatment for Back Pain
Regenera offers Prolotherapy injection treatments for patients, who suffer from acute or chronic back pain.
Most of our patients are surprised to discover how effective Prolotherapy treatments can be and become instant supporters after the treatments.
Prolotherapy can help promote healing for problems in the back and neck, as well as disc-related problems.
A large number of back problems are the result of injuries to ligaments along the spine. These ligamentous injuries lead to laxity, increased joint space, instability and resultant arthritis due to friction related deterioration of key components inside the joint.
Prolotherapy injection treatments are designed to help realign and stabilize joints through initiating a biocellular response that stimulate the body to regenerate ligaments and bony attachements, thus decreasing pain and improving function.
It is an extremely effective back treatment because it can be used to manage patients, who suffer from a variety of back problems such as
- Herniated discs
- Bulging discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Vertebral wear and tear.
Prolotherapy injection treatments have been effective in patients, who have lost hope, lived with chronic back pain for an extended period of time and have exhausted ineffective conventional treatments.
For our patients already treated, prolotherapy procedures have resulted in improvements with a reduction in pain, increased range of motion, less stiffness, and an overall improvement to their quality of life. We invite you to view our video testimonials.
To learn more about Prolotherapy treatment procedures for back pain, please feel free to contact Regenera directly and speak to a representative now, or explore our site further to continue learning more about Prolotherapy regenerative injection treatments and the potential benefits you could experience.